LDW workshops reinforce the idea that meaningful change requires personal and professional growth. We challenge leaders to look within themselves, to question their own assumptions, and to broaden their own view of who they are and who they can become as leaders.
LDW typically creates customized training content derived from the specific needs and context of the client organization. A few recent examples include:
Accelerating Development for High-Potentials Workshop
This one-day workshop helps participants gain a deeper understanding of their personal leadership style through self-reflection, group discussion and leadership instruments. Participants will:
- Learn about Authentic Leadership and other key concepts.
- Reflect upon, and share, personal experiences and life stories that have shaped their leadership style.
- Interpret their personality assessment results, and analyze strengths and weaknesses to develop one clear actionable goal.
- Understand how their leadership and communication style may impact group dynamics and drive organizational culture.
- Identify one specific goal that will help to accelerate their leadership development.
Follow-up programs are available to create sustainable development for participants
Adapting Your Leadership Style Workshop
This half-day workshop is designed to increase the flexibility of a leader’s management style in order to adapt to the diverse needs of their teams. Through the use of tools, case studies and personal examples, they will develop greater self-awareness, and a range of adaptive behaviors, to positively influence their teams’ performance through communication, inclusion, engagement, and equitable leadership. Participants will:
- Reflect on their role as a leader and their potential to impact significant outcomes.
- Make connections between leadership and influence.
- Understand the impact of influence on others, as well as their own success and satisfaction.
- Appreciate any distinctions between their intent and impact as a leader.
- Become more aware of their influencing style through self-assessment.
- Develop skills for resolving conflict, overcoming communication challenges, and generating solutions.
- Leave with clear next steps for achieving group goals and measuring progress.
Coaching and Developing Others Workshop
This one-day workshop covers both conceptual and practical issues of coaching others for development. Specific skills of coaching are taught, practiced, and then applied to a real-life case study provided by each participant. Participants will:
- Learn how coaching can impact individual and organizational performance and growth.
- Gain insight into personal leadership and coaching styles through the use of a brief profile questionnaire.
- Leave with action-plans for coaching the person they chose for their case-study.
Interviewing Skills and Candidate Selection Workshop
This one or two day workshop emphasizes practical skill building for interviewing and selecting candidates. Participants will:
- Gain confidence in their ability to interview diverse applicants effectively.
- Interpret and understand the data obtained from the interview.
- Participate in discussion of current hiring problems.
- Learn about equitable standard setting in the organization.
- Plan for effective onboarding and ongoing employee development.